SADALAS HAND EMBROIDERY

SADALAS HAND EMBROIDERY
Lakshmi Sadala

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Navar Work completed

At last I am able to finish navar work which I started some time back..
This embroidery is done to hide the stains on my old benaras saree.  Saree is having design except  on pleats part. So I did small motifs where there are stains and to match with I have  done big bunches.  Totally I did 3 big bunches and few leaves and flowers where there were stains. I did buttonhole stitch for leaves, satin stitch for small flowers, french knots in the center of the big flowers and stem stitch for stem stems. I do satin stitch with another method. will show you some day..
How do you like it!!?








14 comments:

  1. very pretty, you are good if I can`t get spills and stains out with vanish I put the clothes into the gardening box or throw them away if there are too many

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my I couldn't do that for this saree coz it was a surprise gift form my hubby and saree is very expensive..more over i was thinking to do embroidery since i got that saree..:)

      Delete
  2. Very very beautiful Lakshmi. I have also trying this work today. I think the design is from Mahila Art centre book.Thought of doing a design in a kurti. always your works are an inspiration to me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pls do Shami..will be waiting to see your work

      Delete
  3. Nice colour combo Lakshmi,navar work is same as kadai kamal stitch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is the same technique but used silk threads..

      Delete
  4. Beautiful embroidery, Lakshmi! A great way to hide the stains!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work. Iam just now started to learn embroidery. your blog is very informative thank you.
    (http://aarifashions.blogspot.in/)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good work. As always u r really inspirational. I am going to try this idea on my stained Kerala sari. Thank you Lakshmi for the idea..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pls do and if possible show me your work when completed..it is always nice to see others works..

      Delete
  7. Your work is very inspiring as usual.Though I am not doing any embroidery as such..I will definitely try this out. after I get better..Beautiful stitching Lakshmi

    ReplyDelete

your comments means a lot to me