SADALAS HAND EMBROIDERY

SADALAS HAND EMBROIDERY
Lakshmi Sadala

Wednesday 9 March 2016

Bullion Work: Wall Hanging

One of my last pending project finally finished. I wanted to try bullions on my favourite design.
Do you remember this design!!? I did net work on this design long back and that was my first post in my blog.

In this the whole design measures 15" tall and 8" wide. With border it measures 11"*18".
For this project I have used about 30 shades in silk thread.
Bullion stitch is the main stitch. French knots, stem stitch, chain stitch , fly stitch and feather stitch are the other stitches I have used.
How is it!??  if you are interested to have this piece you can message me through my facebook page.










10 comments:

  1. beautifully done you must be thrilled with this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed i am..bit struggled to make bullions in a particular directions..

      Delete
  2. oh my god...is very attractive...wow

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful and colorful.

    Vasudha
    Http://vsomayaji.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vasudha..your cross work is too good

      Delete
  4. Vow. Lakshmi, its very beautiful. How come you are comfortable with silk threads. I am not at all comfortable with silk threads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shami..I always prefer to work with silk threads only..

      Delete
  5. Beautiful bullion stitches and gorgeous colours ! I really must stop hoarding my silk threads and start using them !You must have perfect soft and smooth hands....do you use a thread conditioner ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No daisy i don't use any thread conditioner.. thank you..

      Delete

your comments means a lot to me